Installation of a levelling or travelling conveyor gives optimum use of available storage volume by providing the ability to level fill a store without surcharge loading. Best suited for ventilation, or on floor drying, as the grain is not compacted by pushing it up with a loader and the airflow is even, due to the level fill.
A levelling or travelling conveyor will maximise grain store capacity whilst minimising the labour required. They are suspended on carriages and beams at each end of a grain store and are manually pushed or winched along the length of a building. Systems can be fully automated.
- These conveyors have an open bottom to allow grain to fill the building starting at one end and building up to the base of the conveyor.
- Fill a grain store with a completely level uncompact layer of grain ideal for under floor ventilation and drying.
- Remove the need for a loader and grain pusher to fill the store to its optimum.
- These conveyors do not have a fully open bottom. They have individual outlets instead to fill bins or bunkers, in a particular building when there is little headroom.
- They can also be used to fill floor stores with peaked fill when surcharging storage.
With over 40 years of experience, Fire Shield Systems offer a holistic approach to fire protection encompassing design, installation, maintenance and training.
With over 70 years of experience, Perry of Oakley Ltd. are the UK’s most experienced manufacturer of materials drying and handling equipment. Our driers are relied on to manage a variety of crops, and in different climates all over the world.
More efficient drying and handling equipment can be used to save medium sized farms time and money while improving satisfaction within the workplace.