Investing in the Mistral Grain Drier
Grain drying is a Perry of Oakley speciality, and our extensive expertise has established us as a leader in this field. At Perry we’re world-renowned for manufacturing continuous-flow grain driers. We’ve been successfully manufacturing since 1955, and Perry continuous-flow grain driers are now in use in many countries across the world.
Due to customer demand for an entry level static drier Perry have created a smaller, cost-effective, continuous flow grain drier known as the Mistral range which is available with capacities from 5tph to 30tph and is suitable for a wide range of cereal crops including wheat, barley, oats, and maize.
Principle of Operation
In the Mistral Grain Drier, grain is elevated to the top of the drier column and enters the drier tower through the reserve section. When in full operation the entire drying column is filled with grain. Discharge of dried grain occurs via a roller discharge to provide a constant flow of grain. This results in grain gradually working its way down the drying column, firstly in contact with hot air, then cooling air for the last 25-30% of the column. The discharged grain is then the correct moisture content and temperature for long term storage.
The design of the drier is such that the grain column is completely ledge free, reducing dust and chaff residue. The tapered design of the air ducts promote even airflow and ensure uniform drying across the whole grain column.
As standard, the Mistral drier is controlled via a hard-wired control panel, though this is easily upgradable to the Perry PLC Touch Screen Control Panel. Control can be further enhanced by including the Perry Grain Sentry Moisture Control System which is an optional extra on all Perry continuous flow driers – or can be retrofitted to an existing drier.
- Designed with the same efficiencies and expertise as the Perry Savannah Series Grain Driers.
- Burner and fuel options – diesel, kerosene, gas steam, coal using heat exchangers or biomass heat sources as options (direct or indirect fired).
- Highly efficient axial flow fans – Optional inverter-controlled fans for ease of control when drying light crops and for energy saving.
- Discharge – the Mistral range of grain driers are fitted with Perry’s proven roller discharge. Shutter discharge is available as an optional extra.
- CentriKleen – the cost-effective, simple solution to dust and chaff problems, can be added as an optional extra, and can also be fitted to existing axial fans on all makes of driers.
- Grain Sentry Fire detection – can help provide early warning of a fire within a grain drier drying column, helping to reduce potential damage to the drier, is available as an optional extra.
- Commissioning and support – all Perry driers are commissioned by in-house experienced engineers working with the local dealer. There is also a dedicated technical support line to provide the first point of call for all technical enquiries on any Perry machine.
- Variety of capacities and sizes available.
Ready to discuss your next drier? At Perry we pride ourselves on having a full stock of spares and high quality support in the UK. Contact us today.