Magnet, Surge Hopper & Steam Chest
Before product gets flaked and dried it will go through a magnet separator, surge hopper and then onto a steam chest. A magnet separator (bullet magnet) is designed to take out small metals mixed in with the product, notably tramp iron (bailing wire, nails etc.) which will contaminate the product.
Once the product has been through the magnet it will arrive at the surge hopper. The surge hopper sits on top of the steam chest and is designed to collect the product – at an unbalanced rate – and drop through to the steam chest at the rate required.
Before the product gets flaked/rolled it will go into a steam chest. This injects steam into the product which ensures it is at a correct and constant temperature & moisture level to get dried and cooled.
- Innovative round design pioneered by Gearn Inc.
- Size varies per production rate 5 levels of steam control.
- Built in grain level control.
- Electronic read out temperature system.
- Measures temperature at 3 levels.
- Optimum plug flow characteristics.
- Easy access to control valves.
- Fully insulated.
- Weather proof and fully sealed.
- Stainless steel.
- Steam vent system also available.
With over 40 years of experience, Fire Shield Systems offer a holistic approach to fire protection encompassing design, installation, maintenance and training.
With over 70 years of experience, Perry of Oakley Ltd. are the UK’s most experienced manufacturer of materials drying and handling equipment. Our driers are relied on to manage a variety of crops, and in different climates all over the world.
More efficient drying and handling equipment can be used to save medium sized farms time and money while improving satisfaction within the workplace.