The Grain Sentry
Automatic Grain Moisture Monitoring System
The Perry automatic drier moisture monitoring system uses pneumatic conveying to take a grain sample from the drier filling and discharge equipment.
This sample is analysed using the very latest Near Infrared technology to ascertain the moisture content, which provides industry standard accuracy for the moisture measurement for every sample.
Our software, written by Perry engineers, uses the information in a series of calculations to determine the correct change needed to the drier speed to maintain the best possible output grain moisture content.
- The Grain Sentry controls not only drier speed, but also drier temperature.
- The Grain Sentry measures moisture going into and coming out of the drier.
- The Grain Sentry is suitable for most combinable crops without recalibration.
- Accurate moisture control saves fuel
- Sampling intervals can be adjusted.
- The whole process can be monitored remotely and all information can be datalogged.
- Every time a batch of grain passes through the drier and the system monitors the output changes the algorithm is adjusted automatically and improves its performance.
With over 40 years of experience, Fire Shield Systems offer a holistic approach to fire protection encompassing design, installation, maintenance and training.
With over 70 years of experience, Perry of Oakley Ltd. are the UK’s most experienced manufacturer of materials drying and handling equipment. Our driers are relied on to manage a variety of crops, and in different climates all over the world.
More efficient drying and handling equipment can be used to save medium sized farms time and money while improving satisfaction within the workplace.