Rotary cleaners improve grain / cereal quality by removing light dust, chaff & heavier impurities before drying. Cleaning grain / cereal before it is dried is an essential process for grain that is going to be stored for long periods of time. By improving the quality of the grain before it is dried the risk of the grain overheating whilst in storage is reduced. Drier running costs are also reduced as only the best quality grain remains. The amount of dust released into the air whilst being dried is also minimalised.
The aspirator removes light dust and particles, whilst the rotary drum cleaner removes heavier impurities such as chaff, husk and split grains. Capacities begin at 20tph. The main function of a cleaner with aspiration is to remove light dust particles as the product enters the system and then separate the good quality product from the damaged through the rotary drum.
The product is gravity fed into a motorized roller distributor where it is distributed evenly over the entire width of the roller; the subsequent curtain of product is hit by a cross air flow as it descends, which removes the lightest impurities, and deposits part of the heavier impurities in the decantation hopper which is equipped with an auger for reject expulsion. The dust free product enters a cylindrical rotating drum, covered with interchangeable perforated screens. The first screen removes smaller impurities (sand, split product, etc.). The following screens allow the product to fall through predetermined perforations while any larger impurities are taken to the end of the drum. The type of screens installed are determined by the type of product and the kind of reject material to be separated.
- Structure, casing and drum support pillars are made of pressed, galvanized sheet metal
- Product inlet hopper.
- Aspiration intake with vertical or horizontal positioning.
- Air flow dampers.
- Hopper connection to rotating drum.
- Movable side doors with handles and lock.
- Carbon steel perforated screens.
- Manual drum inclination.
- Nylon brushes for cleaning screens.
- Fixed rotation speed.
- Manually regulated conveyor for discharge of large impurities.
- Variable drum rotation speed.
- Wooden rollers for screen cleaning.
- Motorised drum inclination.
- Weatherproof polyethylene sheet.
- Motorised conveyor.
- Control panel.